The managers, specialists and researchers can use Pharos IT platform for the following:
- Making the virtual cyber-physical models of own applcaition systems interactively, quickly and easy without need for programming
- Connecting the model to necessary diverse data sources
- Running this unique model on own server for monitoring, analysis and benchmarking of system dynamics of the real system in near real time
- Simulating optional system behavior by replacing real life data flows with randomly generated ones which have required statistical parameters (suitable for planning, decision preparation, risk assessment, etc).
The applications include modeling of organizations in public and private sectors, hospitals, service providers, urban areas, cities, regions, countries, geo-areas with focus on economic, environmental, ecological and climate indicators, ehealth, quality and audit, technologies, automation, etc.
The interactive user instruments allow formulation of unique parameters or properties of each application system by providing the following functionalities:
- Uniformly defining any application object (or system) as hierarchal structure of sub-objects
- Formulating Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for each of such objects as node in the hierarchy
- Identifying ranges of acceptable variations for each KPI for evaluating its values when calculated
- Defining data elements which store time series of data necessary for calculation of all indicators including measurements, information imported from external data sources, etc
- Formulating procedures for data import (or collection) and for processing of data from sensors
- Describing other static properties of each object, KPI or data element, constants, measurement units, source databases, etc
- Providing default definition of names and rules for calculating each object state in the hierarchy with options for its modification if necessary
- Describing all other object properties which may be necessary for running the model in multi-user environment on the server in-cloud or in-house.
Once definitions of the Object are made and tested, the Application Model continuously runs on PharosN engine automatically checking all actual data sources, importing new data, calculating all the KPIs, identifying states of each object and storing results in local database. All server users having access rights and running Pharos Navigator clients receive complete updates about their focus Objects, its sub-objects, including latest object states, all its KPIs values in near real time. The updates are sent to any mobile, notebook or computer devices which have the client running and connected to Internet or other public communication networks.
Every new piece of information received by server cause sequence of calculations for all relevant KPIs and results in identification of new state for the focus Objects. Relevant events and updates are sent to all authorized users immediately notifying about every exceptional situation practically at the moment of its happening. The identification of problem cause is facilitated with analysis instruments leading to prompt corrective actions.
As result the Pharos platform realizes complex tasks of routine collection of data from multiple data sources, analysis of large number of objects and sub-objects (e.g. thousands), calculating numerous KPI for each of them, evaluating of on-going object states accordingly to user definition of what is “Good”, “Normal” or “Bad” and prompt delivery of resulting information in a easy and personated way to all server users.
The platform performs as "compressor" of information about multiple complex processes and phenomena into simple and clear definitions used by people in real life. In particular, it allows a methodologically transparent definition of the Sustainability Concept and supports monitoring and benchmarking of the processes to meet the specified definitions.
The on-line demo “Smart Enterprise Monitor” and “Smart City Monitor” provide running models of sample applications for real life objects.